Managing is about achieving results though other people. A successful team is unstoppable, but what makes a great team and how do you achieve this?
This workshop examines different aspects of developing a high achieving team, common pitfalls to avoid and identifies the stages a high performing team must work through.
Using a combination of classroom and group learning, and working with a horse, the trainer will ensure that what you’ve learned translates into a personal action plan that you can use in your workplace.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to achieve great results through team work.
Why use horses?
Using horses can help humans develop and understand the dynamics within any team. Horses are highly aware, prey animals, tuned into the moment and keen observers. By working with them, we can gain insights into our own individual and team behaviours . Our learning experiences involve horses but you don’t need any previous experience with horses and you will not be riding horses.
Our courses are bespoke and will be tailored to your objectives. The example below shows elements of a “typical” one day course, but elements and duration may vary depending on your business needs, which we always discuss with you in advance. Advance psychometric profiling of attendees is also an option and our courses can be adapted and integrated with your current profiling and developmental solutions and tools e.g. DiSC, Tetramap, Myers Briggs etc.
- Characteristics of an effective team; how do we create a high performing team?
- Understanding team roles and identifying them within your team
- Identifying where your team currently is: forming, storming, norming, performing
- Promoting Co-operative behaviour using motivation and influence
- Developing the team’s strengths. Methods and style of management to take into consideration
- Setting targets and objectives. Working with your team to set and achieve goals and objectives
- Communicating effectively within the team
- Coaching and mentoring to get the best from all team members
- Delivering effective, solution based feedback
Our prices vary depending on the length of programme and elements included – please contact us for a quote.
A sandwich lunch and refreshments are included.
Find out more
To find out more about our Team BuIlding courses, please complete the form below or telephone 01908 666 434.
Not quite what you were looking for? Explore our Team Away Days here.