Mental Health First Aider Training
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that can affect wellbeing
- Education to spot triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Training to intervene, reassure and support a person in mental distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and tools to provide guidance to access further support
Why is Mental Health First Aider Training important?
The Thriving at Work Stevenson/Farmer Review commissioned by the UK government in 2017 recommended that all UK employers should be equipped with the awareness and tools to not only address but prevent mental ill health caused or worsened by work; equipped to support individuals with a mental health condition; and be aware of how to get access to timely help to reduce sickness absence caused by mental ill health. Mental Health First Aider training helps to address these requirements.
What to expect
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook, including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate to show that they are a Mental Health First Aider.
- The confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- A sound understanding of mental health and factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to sources of further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
This is a 2 day course based at the Ride High Development Centre, Milton Keynes. A sandwich lunch and refreshments are provided.
20 & 21 May 2020
£300 per person + VAT
Feedback from delegates attending the course:
The course was thoroughly informative, very enjoyable and overall fantastic. Highly recommend.
Brilliant, delivered in a way that will stay in your mind! Thank you
I would very much reommend this course and venue!
To find out more about our Mental Health First Aider Training Courses, please complete the form below or call 01908 666 434.