It is relationships that determine success in business and relationships are created through communication.
Communication is the art of being understood and of understanding others.
This course is designed to help delegates capitalise on their existing skills, fine-tune their approach and build rapport with their colleagues and others in order to achieve success.
Who is it for?
This workshop will help all individuals develop their communication skills.
Our courses are bespoke and will be tailored to your objectives. The example below shows typical elements that may be covered:
- Identifying the qualities and attributes of good communicators
Which of these qualities do delegates already have? Which ones can they learn to develop and aspire to?
- Understanding the difference between hearing, listening and active listening
The importance of demonstrating you are listening and taking a genuine interest in the people you are
- Using the Johari Window model as a self-awareness and self-development tool
- How to maximise impact by using the 3 ‘V’s of communication
Not just on first impressions but also how much information we give away in our tone and body language
in general. The unspoken messages that others may be picking up, rightly or wrongly, which can affect our
working relationships with them.
- Identifying your communication style, your communication strengths and development areas.
- Understanding other people’s communication styles and knowing when and how to adapt your style to get the best out of others
- Defining assertiveness and understanding the benefits of assertive behaviour
Understanding the key principles of assertive behaviour and our assertive ‘rights’ can help us to consistently
communicate more effectively.
Our prices vary depending on the length of programme and elements included – please contact us for a quote.
Find out more
To find out more about our Communication Skills courses, please complete the form below
or telephone 01908 666 434.
Why use horses?
Using horses can help humans develop and understand the dynamics within any team. Horses are highly aware, prey animals, tuned into the moment and keen observers. By working with them, we can gain insights into our own individual and team behaviours . Our learning experiences involve horses but you don’t need any previous experience with horses and you will not be riding horses.